soy wax candles...
Soy Wax is a unique product, derived from soy bean oil, it is completely sustainable & bio degradable. Our soy flakes are 100% pure soy & they contain zero chemicals. They are preservative free with no nasties whatsoever. Being an all natural product it can be slightly trickier to work with & use BUT if you follow these simple tips & tricks you can be sure to get the absolute most out of your natural, chemical free candles...
- Keep wick trimmed to 3-4mm
- Distinguish & trim wick if smoking or a "mushroom" occurs
- Burn Soy Wax candle a maximum of 3 hours at a time
- Allow candle to melt to the edge of vessel during each burn
- Distinguish flame by dunking wick into wax using a wick dipper or similar
- Remove any debris from wax to avoid scent contamination
- Allow candle to cool & harden before relighting
- Never leave candle burning unattended & ensure candle is burnt in a draft free place
- Keep away from direct sunlight & extreme hot/cold conditions
- Do not burn candle all the way to the base of vessel, leave 1 cm of wax to avoid breakages or other damage
One more thing worth a mention....
Sometimes you may find your candle changes colour, usually yellow. This is commonly caused by the presence of Vanillian. Vanillian is the primary component of the extract in vanilla bean. The chemical reaction with the wax & other environmental factors such as sunlight or heat can cause the vanillian to change the colour of your candle. This does not effect the scent or use.
Our fragrance page details which scents contain vanillan
If you ever have any questions, queries or concerns with your candles we are always here to help